For all those iPad skeptics!
June 6, 2010 § 4 Comments
I got my iPad and have been testing it for the last week. Hence, I can now talk about it! and delivery my review for all those skeptics out there. (Watch below, in spanish, as of second 55)
A frequent question I have received in the last week was: what is the added value compared to the iPhone or the iPod touch? 1. Screen Size! it does matter! what you are able to do with this huge and gorgeous display is amazing! 2. Battery life! 10 hours watching video or surfing the net? this is impressive! I start the day at 9am and for 1am I am still with 20% battery on my iPad. NO MORE cables! and 3. Speed! incredible fast and responsive. Amazing, even for productivity tools like keynote, pages, pdf editing, etc.
Still not convinced! here my insights for the frequent concerns of any iPad- skeptic.
1. Fact: The iPhone revolutionized the Mobile Phone industry. It sold 1 million unit in 74 days. The iPad has sold 2 million in just 60 days.
2. The iPad is NOT a big iPod touch. If you see the physical similarities, then consider the iPod Touch as an iPad Mini. (first came the iPad)
3. The iPad is not a laptop substitute, but a complement. Laptops (which will eventually substitute Desktops) will be your mobile computer for your office/home or anywhere you spend bunch of hours working. If you want to be really mobile, the iPad (or any tablet equivalent) is the mobile device for the road, because a) you don’t need cables, b) no worries about data loss (iPad is synchronized and backup via iTunes and can remotely be wiped out), c) battery will get you through an entire day of productivity and/or entertainment, d) its ultra light (650 gram) and e) doesn’t heat in your lap!
4. The iPad (and its equivalents to arrive from Google, RIM, etc) will kill the notebook market.
“The problem with netbooks is that they are better at nothing!” Steve Jobs.
5. Don’t believe the rest will follow? BB
Oh yes, we all criticize Apple for the needless products they make, but still everybody follows them. And I am the crazy one? or just a simple early adopter?
6. only 16-64GB? Please understand that when you are on the go, you don’t need ALL your 10000000 Songs/Videos/Files to move around with you, you just need to sync the data you need and that’s it. Need access to all your files? have you heard about “cloud computing”? Does “Dropbox” ring any bell to you?
7. Apple claims the iPad is the best experience (at least when you are on the go) for web browsing (forget about Flash), E-Mail, watching Movies and Videos, viewing photos, reading books, etc. And when installing some of the many thousand Apps for the iPad, you could do actually much more.
8. No Multitasking? I am sure you have read enough critical reviews about the iPad and you are not seeing the big picture here. Please note that a) the iPhone OS was created for multi-touch mobile devices and therefore, has a better battery performance and user interface and b) Apple is enabling a new way of Multitasking coming this Fall with the iOS 4 that will follow the goals of a) and add more and more features…
Still doubts? Let me know them and will be more than happy to discuss them.